Fake payments to Facebook Ireland Ltd

Pranay
New Community Member

Hi,

My account has been debited $5,$20,$50,($75 total) by this company called Facebook Ireland Ltd. I did not authorise these payments and i have initiated an unauthorised payment refund claim.

Apparently I am not the first victim ("https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Subscriptions/Facebook-Ireland-Ltd-Fake-paymente/td-p/486884?pro...") I do not understand how Paypal still allows the company to recieve payments through it.

Kindly look into the matter.

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

PayPal_paula

Hi Pranay, 

As we are a community forum I cannot view or take action on your PayPal account. However I have noted the information provided in your post and rest assured that I will forward it to the relevant department. 

Thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

ed483
Contributor
Contributor

Face Book Ireland Ltd went into my Paypal account and took 49.95 I  reported this as a unautherized charge the claim was denied by Paypal even after all of the reports of fraud from this 1 company how are they able to even do buisiness with paypal  how can I be assured that this will not happen again for even more money next time

Login to Me Too

Lucas45
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar transfer to Paypal - postsnkarma3-US  fb . com on June 12, 2014.  Who is this?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Lucas45,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

I'm afraid we don't have access to account specific information through the Community Forum.

Would you consider contacting us about this through our other social media channels instead? This way we could pull up your account details and investigate that payment for you, you see.

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

We look forward to hearing from you Lucas45,

Conor

Login to Me Too

IsraelAlbertoRV
New Community Member

WTF!

I have the same problem, I never authorized the payment.
I need that block and put in black list to "Facebook Ireland Limited" on my account.

There a way to cancel the transaction and my money back.

12/05/2013   Pago Para

Facebook Ireland Limited
Completada

Detalles Pago Para Facebook Ireland Limited 59F05454NM675143C

-$6.99 USD

Login to Me Too

dragonizer
Contributor
Contributor

You all are still quite lucky. I got over $400 USD deducted. Should not have linked my card..

Login to Me Too

Lucy1547

I've also had the same problem with the same "company". Can Paypal stop this happening please?

Login to Me Too

rudasanna
New Community Member

Exactly the same happened to me as well. $73,80 was charged from my credit card to "Facebook Ireland", without me ever requesting any services from that company. I filed an "Unauthorized activity report" in the Resolution Center. Can thos of you havin had the same problem tell me what happened after you have filed your report? Have any of you received your money back? I am now removing the link to my credit card from PayPal accout. WHAT A SHAME.

Login to Me Too

socrarroyo
New Community Member
Detalles de la transacción  

Transacción completada (N°. de Id. de transacción exclusivo **************************)

Transacción original

Fecha  Tipo  Estado  Detalles  Importe  6 jun 2013 Pago Para Facebook Ireland, Ltd.  

Completada  ... -$12.12 USD    Transacciones relacionadas  Fecha  Tipo  Estado  Detalles  Importe  6 jun 2013 Cargo de tarjeta de crédito  CompletadaSe realizó la transferencia de su tarjeta de crédito a su cuenta PayPal.

Se realizó la transferencia de su tarjeta de crédito a su cuenta PayPal.

Detalles 6,300 CRC   6 jun 2013
Conversión de divisas  Completada  
Detalles -6,300 CRC   6 jun 2013 Conversión de divisas  Completada  
Detalles $12.12 USD 

Nombre de la empresa:   Facebook Ireland, Ltd. (El destinatario de este pago es Fuera de los EE.UU.: Verificado(a)) Correo electrónico:   paypal******** Identificación de acuerdo de pagos:   ****************** Descripción de generación de recibos PayPal:   Facebook Payments Ver detalles del acuerdo de pagos

a mi tambien me llego este cobro inesperado ! malditos rateros ya los denuncie!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.