Direct debit of over $31 per month for no reason

Shuggiebhoy4540
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i have just noticed that every month there is a direct debit set up taking over £31 per month for no reason, i have not subscribed to anything and i8f i buy something i pay for it through my bank via paypal but i dont expect to be charged £31 for no reason can anyone tell me hy this is

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shuggiebhoy4540

When you add a bank account to paypal it sets up the direct debit mandate so that paypal can take authorised payments for any purchases you make.

No company eg water/electric can take funds from your bank account on a regular basis without that direct debit.

However the amount shown is always the ''last'' transaction / amount that you paid to a seller via paypal.

So that £31 would be the last seller that you paid via paypal funded from your bank account and it only changes when you pay someone else.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shuggiebhoy4540
Contributor
Contributor

I have taken my bank account off paypal and i have left my debit card on so this cant be taken from my bank any longer, i dont mind paying by card but i do not want any money comming out my account without me paying by card, this has happened to me a few times and i cant see the point in having my card and my bank account on the same place if i can pay by card then thats fine if not then i will need to reconsidder 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shuggiebhoy4540

Your welcome !

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.