paypal account permanently limited help

ianhaney3

Hi

I received a email today from PayPal saying all my accounts have been permanently limited, I have 4 that I know of but only use two and to be honest I forgot about them and forgot to close the others that I don't use and have not used for a good year or 2 but when I spoke to PayPal on the phone they did not seem to care about that. The email I received from them says the following

"We are hereby notifying you that, after a recent review of your account activity, it has been determined that you are linked to other PayPal accounts that have violated PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. Therefore, your account has been permanently limited."

I did ask PayPal if they could close all accounts apart from one as I use it a lot for ebay as sell a lot on there on a daily basis and the first call, they said I can close the accounts that are not needed and just keep the one open but that did not work so phoned them again and they said that accounts that have limitations on them are unable to be closed, I thought why did they not say that in the first place so asked if it can be appealed which they gave me a email address which I did send a email to, the automatic response I got is below

"Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding the limitation on your
account. Please be advised that due to the violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy, your account will remain permanently limited."

Funny thing is, on the other paypal account I have for my second business that does well, PayPal gave me a working capital loan on it and was doing really well in paying it off and would have it all paid off in a month or 2 time so total would have only had it for 4 months, there is £855 outstanding on it but now it can't be paid back as got no way to pay funds into that PayPal account but I bet they will get debt collectors onto me now when payments are not made.

Their reason for limiting the accounts are because back in March 2016, they closed a account back then and was told back then that any future accounts I open will be limited as well yet it has taken them 2 years to limit the accounts.

It has pretty much ruined my business as got no income at all now and no idea what to do regarding this, I have contacted PayPal on Facebook as well and pleading with them to allow me to have just one PayPal account.

Has anyone had any joy with a permanently limited and having it removed and able to carry on using PayPal.

Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ianhaney3

You are only ever allowed x2 paypal accounts and only then if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business.

You had 4 totally ignoring Paypal rules so they were ALL limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ianhaney3

They were all business accounts if I remember

Basically they were rude on the phone and told me not to use PayPal ever again

I am completely lost with it as has ruined the business

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ianhaney3

So you broke the rules by opening another 3 business accounts over and above what you are allowed.

And you wonder why you were banned?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.