holding all shipping fees

lynnkorte
Contributor
Contributor

the one main reason i am selling on ebay is to generate income from my idems sold ,so how can i ship my idems when ebay holds ( all) shipping funds received from buyers,as well as all other  procedes received??.,as the way its set up now, the only  way is to leave and sell somewhere else, perhaps and leave ebay for the small barbie doll collectors,and matchbox toy car collectors,you know ,lite weight idems,were their shipping is not much,,so to have a selling site of there own..We're not all made of money, 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Philleo
Contributor
Contributor

I sold 3  items and  was able to  print off 3  shipping labels  for USPS  2-3 day   with no issues  .. . The  buyer's  paid for the shipping  and all 3  items  made it in 2 days  .. Im in washington  and  all 3  were East Coast .

Login to Me Too

Philleo
Contributor
Contributor

The reason why  they hold the money  is to  protect the buyer from possibly not recieving the item  they paid for .. if you sell a item and it shows it was delivered  your  funds become available  within 3  days. theres helpfull tips for sellers to  get their money  faster  like .USPS service  works just fine ..... I sent the items out  on 22nd   3 days  before  Xmas  and they  made  it in 2  days.. Impressive  considering  its the holiday ..go to your Paypal account and where it shows funds recieved under more actions  select print shipping labels and you have 2 choices select  print labels  /bill me after the funds become available.. keep in mind. this only works if you listed the item with  buyer  pays for shipping .no money out of your pocket .. piece of cake .

Login to Me Too

lynnkorte
Contributor
Contributor

I'll give that a try,thanks ,i'm new and my idems are heavy ,I knew there had to be a better way

Login to Me Too

lynnkorte
Contributor
Contributor

If you are a new seller,i believe you have to wait for feedback before they let any funds go for shipping,the rules changed for new sellers i believe dec 13th,so what do you do when the funds are there but you can't use them and you have to use your own money to ship out???,or maybe just get out 

Login to Me Too

brewhardware
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Give me a break, you're essentially engaging in business and you do have to have a little bit of money to absorb upfront costs. If you don't have enough money to front for the shipping for a few days, you're in pretty bad shape.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.