The print shipping label service is temporarily unavailable, please try again

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I've consolidated several threads into this one, so everyone can see answers in the same place.

The error message is a little confusing because it's generic. I'm sorry about that, but I can clarify here.

This error most commonly occurs when there is a formatting discrepancy on one of the addresses going on the label. It can be either the ship-to address OR the ship-from address. Even addresses that have passed validation previously may trip up the validation on subsequent attempts, so it is important to check both addresses even if they have worked before.

Go to http://www.usps.com and click to "Look up a zip code". Paste in the buyer's address. If the USPS has the address listed in different formatting, edit it for the label. Remove a business name if that differs. Change "street" to "st" if that's how the USPS has it. Remove trailing spaces if the address you pasted in has them. The validation can be finicky!

If the error continues to occur, do the same for your ship-from address. Even if it has worked previously, you may find that this resolves the problem.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

breakingwind
Contributor
Contributor

going on 2 days now with out being able to ship.

this stinks fix it !

Login to Me Too

militlady
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying for two days to ship an item using UPS and every time I click on print shipping label it says that paypal shipping is unavailable at this time. I really needed to ship this item yesterday and Paypal won't let me.

Login to Me Too

Knitivity
New Community Member

I have had this same problem since Friday, 28Oct11.   Very frustrating, since I used it in the morning, but by mid-day it was unavailable. 

I see no notices or helpful information regarding temporary outages or technical problems or any other clue about WHY the print label service is unavailable.  

raywhiting

knitivity

Login to Me Too

dreamwoven
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting an error message everytime I hit the "Print Shipping Label" from my account payment screen.    Is there a site problem??

Login to Me Too

goofy173
Contributor
Contributor

Down for me too. Also getting an error that my address needs to be changed in my UPS account. I don't have a UPS account!

Login to Me Too

megamanpewpewpe
New Community Member

Been down for almost a week. I've been waiting for this **bleep** to work

Login to Me Too

artgal
Contributor
Contributor

danno - thanks SO much for the helpful info. It's pretty sad when you can't get a formal announcement from PayPal on an issue as critical as this and instead it takes a New Community Member to provide solutions for everyone waiting to hear something. Thank You for taking the time to post what the moderators should be posting.

Much appreciated!

Login to Me Too

kittykrystal
Contributor
Contributor

You would think that as much as we pay for PayPal's service, they would at least keep us informed.  I wasted quite a lot of time today trying to figure out what I was doing wrong or if I was being blocked.  Then I came to the Forum and discover what is happening and how to get my shipping done.

Login to Me Too

Weston22s
Contributor
Contributor

The print shipping label service is temporarily unavailable, please try again

hasnt worked for 5 days what the heck i got stuff i need to ship and cant get to post office before it closes any eta on this repair?

Login to Me Too

Automoglow
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else havin g this issue? is their a work around other then using USPS.com

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.