More about confirmation delivery fee on PayPal

4oldtimesandnew
Contributor
Contributor

How can PayPal charge for Delivery Confirmation on packages that the USPS says are not eligible for Del. Conf.?  I always use Deliv. Conf. on items that are eligible, but large envelopes do not qualify.  Also, Deliv. Conf. is free with Priority Mail!  This .19 fee quickly adds up!

I would like to see a response from the PayPal Administration as to how and when this will be resolved.

I tried to print my shipping and postage from the USPS site, but I wanted to ship by Media rate, and that wasn't an option.  Can anyone suggest a good site to use for printing postage?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

DDsPlace
New Community Member

I wish that PayPal would put a notice when you are getting ready to print postage about the thickness rule.  I printed 3 labels on one day and all 3 envelopes came back to me with the no flat w/ del conf sticker all over the envelope.  This now has created a costly inconvenience for me. Originally my buyer paid for the postage.  the package came back...Now my buyer is mad because they waited 3 weeks for their package and I didn't know the package was returned to my post office box.  So I have to send off again at my cost because I didn't know that I have to stuff the envelope.

I have shipped manila envelopes for over 4 months and never gotten returns.  Why is the post office being so picky now????  Can I file a claim with the post office to get my money back on t he postage that was on the original package that is now wasted??

There needs to be a clear notice on pay pal when you are printing the labels that the thickness rule if not followed will cause your package to be returned.  I had no idea about this until I came to the forum to complain about the postage labels being rejected by the post office.

I do I ensure that my customer do not file a disputed claim on me, when I didn't know that the customer never got the package until they contact me a few weeks later.  Can I ask for a refund for the postage on those 3 labels??

This really cuts into the profits of my E-Bay business.

DeDe

Login to Me Too

4oldtimesandnew
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently the USPS is not consistent in applying the "thickness rule".  But if we as vendors fail to follow the "thickness rule" we risk returned shipments, late deliveries, angry customers (whose negative feedback can haunt us for a long time), and unexpected expenses.  This is one of those fine-line shipping details that is easily dealt with once  you know about it, but that has to be rooted out by the newbies.  PayPal could save a lot of people a lot of grief by simply inserting a one line reminder on the page where you put in the weight and choice of shipping methods.  Sorry this happened to you - I know I would be upset to say the least.  Try to think of it as just one more obstacle you have now overcome!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.