Forgot to sign customs form...

Loring
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else done this?  It was my first time using PayPal's shipping feature, and I had a number of Priority Mail International packages that went out without my signature on them.  The Post Office says some may go through, but some may be returned.

If anyone else had done this, I'd love to know if your packages made it, or if they were returned.  

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Loring
Contributor
Contributor

Just to let others know, in case they make the same dumb mistake - I sent out 17 envelopes all around the world, mostly to Australia, Canada, UK and other European destinations - all without signatures on the customs form.  All except one (sent to England) made it to their destinations.

What a relief.

Scott

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Loring
Contributor
Contributor

Guess I'm the only one.  I'll report back to let you know what happens - in case someone else runs into this.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Loring
Contributor
Contributor

Just to let others know, in case they make the same dumb mistake - I sent out 17 envelopes all around the world, mostly to Australia, Canada, UK and other European destinations - all without signatures on the customs form.  All except one (sent to England) made it to their destinations.

What a relief.

Scott

Login to Me Too

Scapp70
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Scott, I had just done the same thing on one package going to Canada. Thank you for following up with your experience here, it gives me hope.

I'll let you know what happens...it's been about four days so far.

Login to Me Too

jmzolman
New Community Member

YES! Thank you for the following up Scott. I "think" I just sent out my first package today without a signature on a first class mail international going to Australia. This post gives me more hope that it will make it there. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Scapp70
Contributor
Contributor

mine had made it to Canada. I would caution everybody to purchase insurance though, as I'm finding out that shipping internationally is still a high gamble. USPS will pay up if it doesn't arrive for sure now with all of my packages.

Login to Me Too

angryman
Contributor
Contributor

Just had to comment on that last post, if belatedly. I ship hundreds of flat rate International Priority envelopes every year with contents worth $30 - 90. Never insure, and have maybe one or two supposedly lost a year, usually to very sketchy locations. So well worth it to "self insure", especially as it saves me the pain of jumping through hoops to collect.

I sent some flat rates out last week without customs signature. They were returned after going a considerable distance to judge by condition. Took them back to the PO, and they let me sign them and resent for no extra charge. Said it was their job to check for the signature when they accepted them.

They also thought there was some way to set the preferences so the labels would be automatically signed, but I can't find it.

Login to Me Too

lyoung1
New Community Member
I sent a small packet to USA yesterday and I've just remembered that I didn't sign the customs for. The PO didn't say anything as it was my own home printed sticker. So I've actually inconvenienced myself! So it's likely to be returned rather than seized? Thanks, Laura
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.