New to Paypal and frustrated

CheshireFoxx
Contributor
Contributor

I'm new to paypal, and admit I only signed up with the service because the online vendor I wanted to buy from (not ebay) would only accept payments from paypal. Well now that I've jumped through the hoops and headache to get an account I keep recieving this message when I try to check out

"You cannot complete this action on the card you have selected. Please select another card."

As you can imagine, my account being new I don't have another credit card to check out with, and don't understand why I'm recieving this message. I've verified my account, my card has a funds available, and I check this afternoon, the card works, no one else has a problem taking my money, so there is NO error on the card or banking institution end. So either it's the online vendor, or Paypal that's messing up.

I'm frustrated, a little angry, and would like very simply for this issue to be resolved. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

What type of card is it... Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover?

Is it a debit card, credit card, gift card, prepaid card, or... ?

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

CheshireFoxx
Contributor
Contributor

It was a Mastercard Debit card. I think I may have discovered the source of the issue, but no solution.  Apparently the source of my card being declined is that the online vendor is based out of Australia.  Again I don't know if that is something on paypals end, or my cards end now, or what. 😞 Still very confused.

Login to Me Too

okongas

I had a similar problem, a perfectly valid card didn't work. The card was not a new one. Just one day paypal started to complain that they cannot verify the card any more.

It turned out the issue was my bank. They had invented some kind of"Buy on the net securely" program, to which one had to add the card explicitly, or the bank just declined electronic card checks. A phone call to my back solved the issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.