How to Stop Recurring Payment To FileServe?

phillia
Contributor
Contributor

I just bought a 1 month premium in Fileserve, but then I received an email about automatic/recurring payment!

I followed instructions and went to Profile >> My Preapproved Payments and I cancelled that subscription.

Am I now safe? Is that subscription cancelled? Next month won't Fileserve try to get my money, right? Is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you for your help 🙂

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

intruder369
Contributor
Contributor

You can cancel any subscription to Company's such as Fileserve and Filesonic in your Paypal Account  Just follow the follwing procedures to do so:

1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Click Profile at the top of the page. (Just click on the word profile and not subjects under it) 
3.Click My Money

4. Then click Update beside My preapproved payments to find your payment.
5..Select the payment, and then click Cancel. (Just click on the name Fileserve)

6. Another window opens up with the detials for this subscription Look towards the bottom and click on the tab Cancle My Subscription.

All done, you do not need to get in touch with Fileserve at all, and besides even if you do, you will be wasting your time, as they do not answer anybody.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

illgatto
New Community Member

INTRUDER369: Thanks men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It´s work!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

intruder369
Contributor
Contributor

Glad I could help, theres nothing like being cheated on by such company's as Filesonic and so on.

Login to Me Too

neekhilb
New Community Member

Hi Intruder369

i just read your comment. i have another problem. i bought a one year premium acc on fileserve. the first transaction was rejected and the second was successful. but my banker told me that there have been 2 transac of the same amount. one in the name of fileserve and the other in the name of 'payserve'. i got an email for only one transaction. i need to cancel the second one. i mailed fileserve but no reply yet. how can i do that? if you could help me out. thanks

Login to Me Too

intruder369
Contributor
Contributor

Well it very much depends on how long ago you made these transactions, but what confuses me here is that Filserve and Payserve are two different company's, so if you originally payed for a 1 year subscrition to Fileserve and at first it was rejected, then at sometime or other you applied again for the same subscription from Fileserve, and it was succesful I cannot see what Payserve have got to do with anything.

Or is it the fact that after Fileserve rejected your payment, did you then go to Payserve and pay for a 1 year subscription with them. You state you had 1 email and I would presume that this is the successful transaction, and the one you one you want to keep.

My method in my post regarding cancelling subscriptions such as monthly ones with these kind of company's will work, but this method will only work for when the next monthly payment is due, and will not directly cancel your first payment at all.

Now normally any transaction will take up to 3 days to clear by rights you should be able to cancel this payment either via your own bank or through Paypal. Though in Paypal transactions can happen a lot quicker, and the only way you will be able to cancel such a payment in Paypal is on your main page, or in your History.

You can only cancel such a transaction if you can still see the word Cancel next to that transaction. If you cannot then the only way around it, is to take it up with the company you sent your payment to, in your case either Fileserve or Payserve.

Login to Me Too

Don77
New Community Member

I didn't pay by paypal. I sent emails and no response. I will just dispute the charges. 

Login to Me Too

shendik
New Community Member

I have also been a victim of the recurrent payments... Can't imagine how much money fileserve must be making through such fraudulent methods. While I cancelled my recurrent payments in paypal as intruder suggested, I also disputed in my paypal account the last three unauthorized recurrent payments which were made by fileserve. Has anyone had any luck in getting the amounts refunded by paypal and have the transaction reversed?

Login to Me Too

yomma
New Community Member

Yes I too have been caught TWICE.  Took a one month sub (wihout knowing it was a subscription)  Then after the month I went to use again and was informed that I needed to take out a premium sub as I had reverted to free. Now they have been taking 2 lots out. I complained to Paypal who informed me that fileserve doing nothing wrong. It seems paypal is on the side of Fileserve. Too much profit in it for Paypal I assume.

Login to Me Too

Quiger2000
New Community Member

Hi all,

I am having the same problem with regards to Fileserve.

I am trying to cancel it via Paypal.

Do we automatically have a Paypal account if we have purchased premium membership with Filseserve?

I could not log in with my fileserve details so I signed up to Paypal using the same credit card number. However my Fileserve account is not displaying in my Paypal profile.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Pottertons
Contributor
Contributor

I've cancelled my subscriptions via Paypal, however, i still continue to receive the following e-mail on a monthly basis...

....We've tried to process your automatic payment several times, and it is now past the original due date. You should contact FileServe Ltd to pay what you owe....

Luckily for me, I used a pre-paid mastercard with a balance of only $25 on it at the time of purchase. So they will not receive any funds from that card anymore.

I'm wondering if you need to go to the actual fileserve site and delete/cancel your account. Seems like the only way, and that's if it is even possible to do so.

Only problem with that is, I think your account is deleted immediately even if you've paid for an entire month. So you'll have to mark the expiration date down on your calendar.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.