How to Stop Recurring Payment To FileServe?

phillia
Contributor
Contributor

I just bought a 1 month premium in Fileserve, but then I received an email about automatic/recurring payment!

I followed instructions and went to Profile >> My Preapproved Payments and I cancelled that subscription.

Am I now safe? Is that subscription cancelled? Next month won't Fileserve try to get my money, right? Is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you for your help 🙂

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

mlim650
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I'm having the same problem with Fileserve recurring payment.

I went to My Account -> Profile -> More Option -> My preapproved payments and click on "update" on the right. I can see Fileserve as Active in the list. If I clicked on Fileserve it brings me to the detail page for my Fileserve Recurring Payment details.

I see that the account is Active and there are 2 links at the top left below the company info: Cancel and View history. Should I click on the Cancel link to terminate the recurring payment?

I don't see an option to stop the payment. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Banger
Contributor
Contributor

I've had nothing but problems with File Serve. I'm having the same issues. I had no idea I was signed up for auto-renewal and I was just charged a couple days ago. I've sent them two emails to stop, but they have yet to respond to me. I've sent them a total of 4 emails regarding two different subjects in the last month and they have yet to respond to me.

Login to Me Too

Steve_L
Contributor
Contributor

I've ran into the recuring payment problem before. It almost caused an overdraft once and I REALLY don't want anybody to ever have permisson to create a recuring payment in my account.

Is there a way I can prevent a company I'm doing business with from setting up a recuring payment when I'm making a transaction?

So far from my experience I have to manually cancel the recuring payment each and every time I purchase a monthly subscription. It's a bother and I might accidentally forget to cancel. I want a way I can set my account to NEVER accept such a payment aggreement without, at the very least, ASKING ME FIRST.

Login to Me Too

Ragav
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Yes.You have to cancel it..and then send a mail to fileserve and ask them to cancel your a/c..otherwise they will charge you every month till your a/c reaches to 0$.So Mail Them 3-4 Times.

contact fileserve here : http://www.fileserve.com/contact-us.php

Thats All..You will not charged from next month..

Hope It Helps.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

fulmine
New Community Member

Thanks everyone for your help.

i have already sent 3 emails to fileserve onhow to stop my account but they never replied back.

Finally i found help here and hopefully I will not be charged anymore.

Is there any board that we can report fileserve to??  these should be stopped.

thanks

Login to Me Too

bleeb
Contributor
Contributor

Agree! Fileserve are criminals! Paypal should stop them immediately!! 

We are just thrown in between two companies! One company that says, you have to finish your contract payments and the other company that makes it impossible to cancel your contract. I cancelled my pre-approved  billing details but now fileserve continued stealing my money! The contract says: pay every 30 days indefinitely!

I'm so **bleep** I'm about to explode!

What the **bleep** should we do to stop this madness?

Paypal should stop this immediately!!!!

Login to Me Too

Banger
Contributor
Contributor

Wow. I can't believe so many others are going throug the same thing.

This is ridiculous. I'm going to have to cancel my card if they don't respond to me before July.

Login to Me Too

Gustavoa95
Contributor
Contributor

The same happened to me.Do anyone there become a really premium?Because i paid 9.99 and still with free account. They don't answer me. i  think it's time to stop that .Can someone help me?

Login to Me Too

Steve_L
Contributor
Contributor

I did get Premium service when I paid them. FileServe may be a company on the fringe of things but they do at least seem to provide what they say they will.

That really **bleep** that you didn't go Premium after you paid. Sounds like somthing you'll have to take up with FileServe customer support. Rapidshare used to be really good regarding issues like this. Unfortunately, I can't say anything bad or good about FileServe. I haven't had a reason to call them.

Login to Me Too

Banger
Contributor
Contributor

Still no response from them.

I don't know what else to do.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.