How can I choose how to pay for an item.

loobyloo
New Community Member

Please can someone help me with this. I have had a paypal account for a long time and always paid for items with a credit card linked to paypal. I recently linked a bank account to paypal but still wanted the option of choosing how I paid each time i bought somthing, but when I go to Paypal to pay I only have the option of paying from my paypal balance and not my credit card even though it is still linked to paypal.  I was told by someone that this is because i need to 'confirm my personal information' on the 'account overview ' page, however when I tried that it wouldn't let me click on it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

gringgo
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal forces you to use your balance before any other payment option and will only allow you to use another option if you don't have enough funds in your PayPal account to cover the transaction.

See here...https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=lF8LM3tKn2jywh8H9wrRQhJNSxBL5p681Rd6gNBTmYgKb2...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.