Hold on e-check payments even though i have a credit card backup

ratita
Contributor
Contributor

hi

i'm wondering why the last few times i have used paypal using my bank account as the funding source the payments have not gone through immediately even though i have a credit card as a backup funding source. this is the way my account has always been and i have not changed or altered anything. it used to be my payments would go through immediately and then they stopped doing so out of the blue.

why???? and what can i do to get back to the immediate payments?

thanks!

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

Cortex07

Way to go PayPal. Look's like I'm done using you until you fix this.

Login to Me Too

cattrack
Contributor
Contributor

Why is it then that my bank shows the money for an item was withdrawn on Nov. 17, 2010 and Paypal states that the transaction won't clear until Dec.1, 2010. that is 10 days! I also have a valid card attached to my account and always have.

Login to Me Too

titanictarn
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

Hi everyone,

I see you're all first-time posters. Welcome to the forums!

The Instant Transfer option is available only when an account also has a valid credit card on file. If the card is expired or about to expire, the only bank funding option available would be eCheck. Additionally, eCheck is the only way to use the bank as funding when there is a balance on the PayPal account and the balance is not being used.

I would suggest checking to make sure that your credit card is valid and not about to expire. Then you can set up a payment to the person that you would like to pay, and see what the default funding source is set to be. I hope this helps!

Olivia

Eureka!!!  This may be why my instant payments are only e-checks- My card expires next month. I figured I'd have to the exact date the card expired

Login to Me Too

bukkko
Contributor
Contributor

Well, my debit card is not about to expire so I'd really like to know the reasons why I can only use E-cheques.

I posted this elsewhere but nobody has answered, so here it is again.

1) I sent someone money via Paypal using the email address they sent me. The payment was taken from my debit card instantly. No problem.

2) The recipient tells me they told me the wrong email address, so can I cancel and try again. The cancellation shows on my Paypal account as completed. However, I am still waiting for the refund.

3) I try to pay using the correct email address, but this time I can only use e-cheques. However I have to pay, so I give it a go (I wish I hadn't).

4) The money leaves my bank immediately, as I would expect. However, Paypal says the payment is pending until the end of the month.

This is 2 days later. I have not been refunded my cancellation, and even though the e-cheque money has been taken it still has potentially 5 days before it clears. So, I am currently down nearly £1000, with nothing to show for it.

I phoned Paypal and asked why this happened, and they said it was because of their security model, which they could not discuss because of security reasons. 

This has got to be a scam. I know cash is tight these days, but come on guys.

Login to Me Too

doodles67

As near as I can tell, Paypal and Ebay have recently changed policies for sending money. It is almost as if they are forcing people to pay via credit card. I have been a customer of Ebay for over ten years, and I have been a Paypal customer since they became a company, and this is the first problems that I have had.

What I have done to help the situation may not work for others. I have added a credit card to my account and let transactions process on the credit card, and I pay the credit card for the purchase on the same day, so it is almost like taking it from my bank. I hope Paypal and Ebay resolves this because if they do not, they are limiting their services to a select group of customers.

Login to Me Too

Boostedhatch

Bingo,   I was Going Crazy looking thrugh the whole paypay site trying to figure out why I couldnt send Instant Transfer. Only e-check, But now I see im not the only one.  Paypal is no good

Login to Me Too

PTown

Did anyone ever get an answer as to why the Instant Transfer option is not available any longer. I've been having the same issue for the last couple of weeks.  HELP PAYPAL HELP!Man Sad

Login to Me Too

Bazar6
New Community Member

I have a credit card, debit card, and verified bank account. I have not transferred money from my bank to my paypal yet. But I want to send a payment for free, which I know has to be done using my bank account.

When I go to send a payment, it shows there is a fee, even tho I have two cards and a bank added to my profile. I go to change payment, and it says instant transfer cannot fund this payment. Is this because I have no balance on my paypal account? Because my bank account is 100% verified, and I have a credit card that doesn't link to the account, if my bank doesn't go thru, even tho theres enough funds that it wouldn't have a problem.

I have to pay upwards of a $20 fee for this transaction, which is why I'm trying to do this the free route, which paypal gives me, just isn't too helpful in letting me. Anyone know how to help me with this? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

crysbico
New Community Member

how do i cancel the pending e-check payment? i ended up paying the sellers and not linking it to the ebay auction because i paid 2 auctions on the 23rd of january with e-check and it says it won't clear until the 8th of february. -__-" i want my items now and don't want to get a negative feedback from the sellers about not paying on time.

Login to Me Too

bukkko
Contributor
Contributor

If I remember correctly there is a Cancel option.

It should cancel immediately and you can then pay by card.

Sorry but I can't remember exactly where the cancel option is - try viewing the payment option or 'transaction details' or something similar.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.