Changing funding source didnt take

philjp
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item on ebay and used PayPal to pay for it. I didnt want to deplete my paypal account so I chose the Change the Funding Source option and chose my credit card as the funding source and clicked the Continue button. This did not update my funding page, so when I clicked Confirm, it depleted my paypal account then took the rest from my credit card. This isnt the way it is supposed to work.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

philjp,

I am glad I am able to help you out with this situation.  With the situation you described, PayPal is designed to work exactly in that manner.    When a payment is made through your account we make the payment using the funds in this order. 

1. Balance
  2. Instant Transfer from your bank account
  3. PayPal Credit
  4. Debit card
  5. Credit card
  6. eCheck

The only time a payment will bypass the balance is when you are making a payment using the eCheck process or making the payment using a PayPal Credit product.

I'm sorry this was not what the expected process but I am glad I was able to help clarify this for you.

PayPal_WarrenG

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.