paypal service request

karenmiller99
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I sent a PayPal request for services as I'm owed money for some work I did the person paid the request but it's gone into pending? Asking to provide delivery etc !! I'm NOT a seller any idea what is going on
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well you are a seller as far as paypal is concerned because you sold a service and were paid for it >>>>>>

Why are my payments for non-eBay sales pending and how can I prevent this?

If you recently started to sell with PayPal and you don’t have any selling history with us, payments you receive (except eBay payments) are now being placed into your pending balance. As long as there are no problems with the transactions, you’ll have the money within 21 days.

Typically, you can access these payments within 7-14 days if you:

• Send the item to the buyer’s postal address, as shown on the Transaction Details page
  • Mark the item as sent on the Transaction Details page and provide the dispatch details (for digital goods, mark the item as processed on the Transaction Details page).

Once you complete the below requirements, you won’t be considered a new seller any more, and you should receive future payments sooner.

• Receive a predetermined number of payments
  • Wait a predetermined number of days from the date you received your first payment.

You can also view your remaining requirements and confirm your identity at any time by logging in to your account and visiting the Resolution Centre.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

karenmiller99
Contributor
Contributor
How pathetic is that .I'm selling services ? Sounds like I'm a prostitute! !
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Whatever. Oh and your welcome so glad i took the time to answer your post.

Guess you haven't read about selling GOODS OR SERVICES ON PAYPAL.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

karenmiller99
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry thanks for your answer it was the selling services made me see red . Is there any other way around this I have sent the money back now as I'm not waiting 21 days thanks in advance
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You could contact customer services, they "may" contact your buyer and if your buyer says they are happy for the funds to be released you may get them earlier......worth a try.>>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first although with most landlines its a freephone number).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.