buyer wants to send a courier for large item that was listed collection only

stargold
Contributor
Contributor

buyer wants to send a courier for large item that was listed collection only and will not be packaged who will be liable for any damage ?should I let it be collected ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

EmmaBea
New Community Member
I’m currently selling an item on gumtree and the person interested seems desperate for my PayPal details to make the payment. They want a courier to collect as the item is going to Nigeria??? Instantly I’m thinking scam! I’ve read online of people overpaying into your account then contacting PayPal resolution centre. I’m not taking any chances and have stopped messaging.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Guys,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

@stargold - if you received the payment through PayPal and you allow the buyer to collect the item in person or arrange a courier to collect the item on their behalf you are not covered under the PayPal Seller Protection Policy. If the item is being collected in person please accept cash on delivery. For more information on the Seller Protection Policy provided by PayPal please review this link -  Seller Protection

@EmmaBea - this is a well known tactic by buyer's and I would not recommend continuing with the sale. You did the correct thing to stop messaging this person. 

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.