Why your receiving money is pending ACTUAL EXPLANATION DETAILED!!!

Nikola_Sekulic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone I hope you are having a nice day 🙂

Im here to explain to you why your money is pending and why you are not receiving it. Recently I had a very negative experience with @kernowlass and the only thing he was actually helpful for is making me realize that I will have to find my answers by myself.

So after contacting some family members who were in the banking business and I looked at Paypal Legal document,and I came to this,please read it carefully,I will underline the most important part :

4. Account Balances.

4.1 Balances. If you hold a balance, PayPal will hold your funds in pooled accounts separate from its corporate funds, and it will not use your funds for its operating expenses or for any other corporate purposes. PayPal will not voluntarily make your funds available to its creditors in the event of bankruptcy. You will not receive interest or other earnings on the amounts in your balance. PayPal may receive interest on amounts that PayPal holds on your behalf. You agree to assign your rights to PayPal for any interest derived from your funds.

If you carefully read the text I made stand out,you will quickly come to realization why Paypal is holding your funds,and yes before you ask pending money is technically on hold.This is the sole and only reason why Paypal is holding your funds.This is because holding funds incurs interest which they can charge you for,its not about the buyer its not about you its about taking YOUR money from you.

All the reason listed for getting pending like:
*Having paypal account for less that 6 months
*Not having at least 100 sales with 100 positive feedback(note how high this is,most people sell only a few items a month,unless they are a company and majority of them are not)
*Your buyer not leaving you positive feedback
*Your buyer not marking shippement is received(Digital goods dont have this and they are held for 21 days and pay the biggest interest to paypal)

Even if you do all these the payment can take up to 24 hours to arrive,which means Paypal still gets interest.After all this I will repeat myself once more,its not about your or the buyers safety its about the money.

I personally have a buyer who is kind enough and even willing to contact Paypal and ensure them his purchase arrived so that I may receive my money earlier,he is even going as far to create an Ebay account(he bought the item as a guest) to help me out,and i hope you are all blessed with such a good buyer.Back on topic though,I emailed Paypal and left a message on Facebook about my buyers suggestion and it has been 48 hours now, with no response, so I took matters upon myself to bring you the truth.

Things you can do about this:

1.NOTHING,if you read the Legal part I posted carefully you realized there is nothing to be done from reading this sentence alone You agree to assign your rights to PayPal for any interest derived from your funds. Meaning you gave them legal right to do this to you. Yeah sneaky move on Paypals part,but smart,they are earning tons of money from us not reading the Legal documents.

2.After you receive your hard earned money I suggest you withdraw it from Paypal or spend it if you cant withdraw it and stop using Paypal alltogether.This will hopefully make them realize the value of their clients,and they will,I hope, stop milking us like cows for OUR money.

I thank you all for reading this,and I am sorry I am the bearer of such bad news,but I hope I shed some light on this topic and that it proved useful to you.And I know I learned my lesson,from now on I will read EVERY Legal document before I agree upon it and avoid making mistakes such as these.

I thank you all again and wish you all an enjoyable day 🙂

EDIT: FIxed some spelling mistakes,sorry English is not my native language,I hope I made the text understandable.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
Your negative experience was me taking the time to post you a link from eBay to explain why your funds were held. Which is because of buyers protection. Whether we like it or not that is the accurate information. Your funds are released quicker when you are no longer a new seller. Every seller on ebay has been through the PayPal hold and most accept it as they understand we need buyer protection and buyers. You chose to not like being given the facts which is all we can give you. And you AGREED to those conditions when you joined eBay and PayPal. All you are doing now is pointing out more facts easily found in the user agreement without the need of legal counsel as it's quite straightforward. Strange how you like one set of facts but not others. Have a nice day.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nikola_Sekulic
Contributor
Contributor

you posted no fact which I didnt already know,you didnt add to my knowledge in any way,and that isnt a reason,that is a gimmick,just like the amount of Kudos you have,buyers/seller protection is all good and fine,but there are a lot of better ways to do it,please go back to your hole of ignorance,and this time remain there.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nikola_Sekulic

My kudos / solutions are given by POSTERS / USERS on here and i don't think they would liked to be called a gimmick when I have often save them from being scammed and they were very grateful for it.

You asked why your payment was pending for a virtual / digital item and I >>

1. provided you with the ebay link to explain it.

2. copy / pasting the revelant part to explain when you could not open the link.

3. told you that as you can't provide tracking you may well have to wait 21 days.

THOSE WERE THE FACTS. You did not like the facts so you were RUDE and UNGRATEFUL.

So yes it was a negative experience FOR ME giving up my time to try and help you.

Most posters say thank you and then there are RUDE ones like yourself.

Don't hurry back now.

Bye. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nikola_Sekulic
Contributor
Contributor

okay I see now just how much you didnt read here is the original post underlined for you,and the only one being rude is you 🙂

Hello everyone,I hope you are having a wonderful day,

I am having a small issue with Paypal as in my funds are being held on pending,now I know why they are doing this as I have researched this topic quite a bit.To make a long story short,I sold an item over Ebay and not knowing of this new policy i expected to get my money pretty fast and use it.
   Unfortunatelly this happened,so I contacted my buyer who was very pleasent,patient and helpful.He informed me he received the merchadise and that he was happy with it,so I marked the process as complete in Paypal,also I asked my buyer to assist me and leave feedback to confirm over Ebay he received the item to which he agreed curtiously.Then another problem popped up.He bought the item as a guest,so now I have to wait 5 days before he can leave feedback and confirm it.Unfortunatelly that is a really long period for me since I do need the money urgently and as a college student Im lacking the means to produce this amount of money in such a short notice.
   So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds?Im also sure that my buyer would be also glad to confirm that he received his purchase,because he too was quite concerned that Im not receiving my money.

Now look at that last line THAT was the question, So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? READ it this time!!!!
1.WHERE in THAT question do I ask WHY the money is pending?!
2.Your links were irrelevant pieces of information I already knew(you wasted your time being dumb and not reading the question)
3.I KNEW digital items dont have tracking on them,thank you captain obvious,I sold items before.
4.Here is the question asked a couple more times,so it can sink into your brain.
5. I saw how you saved them xD Like the dude with the Xbox from Africa who like me did all the work 😄

So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds? So my question is can I email anyone and ask them to release my funds?

I hope you understand the question now 🙂 Go look dumb somewhere else please 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.