Status "Pending" after I have requested money for sold item !

3deastudio
New Community Member

Recently I requested money over Paypal from a person i sold an item ( verbal deal No Ebay or similar) , that person told me he paid amount i asked and all charges. I received an e-mail from Paypal ( i think so) it says a person from above sent me money but that email was unusualy long and after i clicked on link at the end of email in new window , there was explenation and instruction how and to whom send an item and two links to put tracking number from item, but both links are broken. Then i sent an item to that person, replied to Paypal email and nothing changes at the end. On my Paypal profile my money request status is same. Is it normal procedure or am i victiom of some kind of scam? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@3deastudio

Does any of this fit  >>

A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

They try and get you to do off-Ebay sales as they have hijacked an Ebay i.d. but can't get a paypal account as they don't want or need one for the scam to work.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.