Paypal payment pending HELP!!!! :'(

StevenCole
New Community Member

I sold an item on ebay which then got removed but i received the payment and gave the item to the buyer now it says i cannot withdraw the money because the payment is pending & wont be able to receive the money until 21 days which is way too long as i need this money ASAP i am a bit of a newbie when it comes to ebay & paypal so i would like some help off someone please thanks 🙂

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

sky_shrimp
Contributor
Contributor

They started profiteering off held funds since 2008. The writing is on the wall.

They currently have no competition and it's undeniably a good business model to profiteer off randomly held funds. Yes kernowlass. They make a fortune from withholding funds and reap the interest. They have to keep their shareholder happy.

The werid part is how you (a volunteer advisor) bend over backwards to defend PayPal on this forum at any chance you get. They're a business, not a charity, so why have you devoted all of your time to defend this business every chance you get?

Creepy AF tbh 🙂

As for the 20p addition, sellers sell randomly and occasionally make small and large transactions on a given day. Most sellers don't aim for small transactions and that 20p makes sure PayPal reap when it's small. You only opt for the micro payment account if most of your sales are micro. They know this and add the 20p to reap from the majority.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sky_shrimp

Why am i a volunteer advisor? Well this thread today is one of thousands similar and explains why.

www.paypal-community.com/t5/Getting-started/Paypal-instant-payment-via-e-mail/m-p/1361040#M24364

And I don't defend them. I defend FACTS. If I post in defence of Paypal or poor information then thats what i do.

If i post against Paypal for poor comms etc then equally I do that.

I am here to help the 'users' of Paypal and if that means I save them from being scammed or finding out where their refunds are etc then why would you slate that? Perhaps you would like to help just one person from being scammed??

But then if someone disagrees with you its so easy to play the 'oh you defend paypal all the while' card isn't it.   Smiley Wink

As for the writing is on the wall, been hearing that for over 10 years. Yes there are competitors but as a buyer myself i would not use them as paypals buyer protection is the best..........as a seller i offer it because buyers like it............so if i have to go through the new seller hold which of course i did then i don't care because its for buyer protection I rarely waited 21 days as i sent trackable so funds were released within about a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sky_shrimp
Contributor
Contributor

You need to read my last post again as you've conveniently skipped the 'facts' stated by money.cnn.com. 

You stated that PayPal do not gain interest from withholding random transactions which they clearly and obviously do. They legally use the guise of 'buyer protection' to reap this interest. They do this on top of the fee. You also stated that they don't gain from the 20p charge. They do as most users do not require accounts geared for microtransactions and get hit when they do it.

Truly cringeworthy tbh. Siobhan is actually getting paid by PayPal for her cut and paste.

(((kisses Siobhan))) 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sky_shrimp

You need to read my post again, where i answer your question on why i am a volunteer advisor.

When you have saved just one person from being scammed then your posts may 'just' have some meaning, until then they are pathetic.

You post a link from 2008.......................way out of date.

I have saved someone today from losing their holiday money AND reassured other folks on where there money is and how to open disputes...........what have you done apart from have a go at a volunteer when you have done diddley squat to help anyone on here at all.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sky_shrimp
Contributor
Contributor

The link was from 2008 but holds true. You're trying to brush it under the carpet. The thread is about funds being withheld. This is due to PayPal gaining interest on said withheld funds. 

You stated that PayPal do not accure interest on withheld funds and also defended their 20p surplus charge to cover the small transactions made mostly from regular sellers. Not from sellers that require accounts for microtransactions.

What they are doing is legal. 

You publicly (and falsely) stated that they do not accure interest on withheld fees. You fed the public lies, yet you're not even on their payroll. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sky_shrimp

It no longer holds true.

I did not defend the 20p charge, I said low cost items can get a micropayment account..........true.

But as you know the fees in advance it is up to you whether its worth listing your items or not.

Real life auction charges are often a lot higher.

I agree that what they are doing is legal, although that is probably not what you meant, as the FSA has approved paypals user agreement in the UK.

As for interest on fees, you have yet to prove otherwise.

You still have not saved anyone from being scammed on here as i have..............still waiting.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sky_shrimp
Contributor
Contributor

"As for interest on fees, you have yet to prove otherwise"

I'm amazed at how a full blown CNN exposé doesn't prove to you otherwise.

You must be living with the faeries. 

(INB4, it was written in 2008 o_0)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sky_shrimp

Gosh you are naive.

Financial institutions change their policies on a monthly basis let alone yearly.

You are quoting something 9 years out of date   

Still waiting for you to actually help someone rather than have a pop at volunteers that according to you waste their time on here?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sky_shrimp
Contributor
Contributor

Do you accept that PayPal accrue interest on withheld funds or not kernowlass? 

They do, but I was wondering if your head is in the sand.

Yes, facts can be 9 years old.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sky_shrimp

In my opinion they no longer do.

And yes facts can be 9 years old but highly unlikely in this day and age.

As far as I have read that no longer applies but if you want to prove otherwise then feel free to do so.

And you still have not helped anyone yet but had a go at me for helping users on this forum?

You have conveniently ignored that one?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.