PayPal direct debit taking funds

louisamay1
New Community Member

I've just had my statement through and a direct debit to PayPal has left my account for over £20. 

It can't be eBay fees, as I've already got an invoice for these and they're due to come out later this month. Any one know why I would of been charged and how to dispute? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

pamelapaints
Contributor
Contributor

how on earth do you contact Paypal direct? the message centre just gives common queries, it won't go forward to allow me to send a simple message, only one related to their headings.  No email, nothing.  I am also trying to find details of a direct debit  - on my bank statement there is a Paypal direct debit showing, but it is NOT listed on my Paypal page.  It is exactly the same reference details of another on the same day, for facebook ad fees, but a different amount (although similar but not exact amount the same)  Facebook has received one, the correct one,  the bank has had two payments taken via Paypal.  Checked all payment transaction details on here, ie  pre-approved payments, there is nothing else set up.  Nothing purchased for that amount.  How can I find who the recipient was, and why is it not showing on PP transactions.  And does anyone know how you can actually ask Paypal anything, other than on these forums??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi pamelapaints,

Welcome to the PayPal community.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@louisamay1

When you add a bank account to paypal it sets up the direct debit mandate so that paypal can take authorised payments for any purchases you make (or pay your Ebay fees).
No company eg water/electric can take funds from your bank account on a regular basis without that direct debit.
However the amount shown is always the ''last'' transaction / amount that you paid to a seller via paypal.

Sometimes it does not coincide with the date you made the payment as paypal CREDIT the seller in advance and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account, they can 'leave' that account at anytime from a few hours up to a few days later. Also the 'amount' can sometimes not be recognised if you used it as a part-payment with the rest coming from funds already in your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.