Not recieved payment from buyer after she sends proof it has been made

karel35
Contributor
Contributor

The buyer bought some thing from me on the 31st of August and has sent me a screen shot of the transaction and it shows up as sent and not pending in any way and she says the money has gone from her account. I have no record in my transation history of this payment and have no address to send anythig to, the money has not come through to me at all. I have been trading for 15 years and never had this happen so im baffled, is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi karel35,

One of the most common reasons for missing payments is because the email address money was sent to doesn’t match the email address in your PayPal account. If this sale was made on eBay, here’s how to determine which email address you used in your eBay listing:

1. Log in to your eBay account.
2. Under ‘My eBay Summary’ click ‘Sold’ under the ‘Sell’ section.
3. Under the ‘Actions’ column, click ‘Sell Similar’ next to the item for which you are missing payment.
4. Find the email address you used in your listing in the ‘Decide how you’d like to be paid’ section near the bottom of the page.

This is the email address that your buyer has sent payment to. If you have access to the email address used in your eBay listing, but it is missing from your PayPal account, you must add it to receive your money. 

Here’s how to add an email address:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘Update' beside 'Email.'
  4. Click ‘Add.’
  5. Enter your new email address, and click ‘Add.’

However, if there is a typo in the email address or you no longer access that email, you must send the buyer a new payment request, asking that they cancel the original payment and make a new payment using the correct email address.

Here’s how to request a new payment:

1. Log in to your account at www.paypal.com
2. Click ‘Request Money’ at the top of the page.
3. Enter the payment request details and click ‘Continue’.
4. Review the request, enter a message to the buyer, and then click ‘Request Money’.

If the buyer is unable to cancel their original payment, it will be returned to them in 30 days.

Hope this helps,

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.