Error Message 3001 when someone tries to send me money

Netrix
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all - hoping someone on here can help.

I'll start at the begining:

Used Paypal many times to purchase goods

Previously sold on ebay and received payment via PP (albeit 3 or 4 years ago)

Sold something on eBay recently - the buyer clicked the PP link in the eBay email but the payment stuck at Pending in his account. The email I got saying he had paid quoted the wrong email address in the body of the text (the email itself was sent to the correct email address)

It turned out that within my eBay account the PP and eBay accounts were "un linked" and I had to link them. After this the buyer got exactly the same problem. He paid three times - PP took the money three times but the payment always sits at Pending.

So PP agent tells me to send a request for the payment from the PP account. I do this, but the buyer gets an error message stating there are tempoary problems and finishes with Message 3001. 

I sent a request for £1 to my daughter - she gets exactly the same message.

I have spent a fortune on the phone to PP agents and supervisors over the last 5 days - they have now (and only now) escalated it to a Senior agent (I have my doubts !!) and the timescale tis 24 to 72 hours before I get an reply.

Can anyone shed any light please ??

Thanks in advance

Netrix.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

http://www.wiki-errors.com/err.php?wiki=3001

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Netrix
Contributor
Contributor

Cheers for the link - not relevant in this case:

The error message is from Paypal not the OS, and, two differnet users get the same message (I sent a test Request for money to my daughter and one of the PCs is actually a MAC.

Regatrds

Netrix

Login to Me Too

ben1903
New Community Member

Ur right to have ur doubts. My sister tries to send me money and it wont let her. Lets face it the longer these skanks keep our money the more interest they get..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.