Echque

deano944
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so angry with PayPal in the past 8 years they have been a good company to deal with, but they have blown that out of the water now!

I only do small transactions of cash to friends and never had the Echeques imposed before. Now it seems I can only send Echeques and I never had any working.

When did it become the rule we had to have this type of transfer?

Why did I not get proper notification during entering ?

why do I have to have Echeques for amount of £100 or less?

How long can they hold my funds without notifying me?

Why will a manager call me back to sort this mess out?

I almost lost a booking for a holiday because of this Echeques madness....... I'm so angry at all this and no notice!

Im contacting trading Standards to see if they have the right to impose this on me without notice.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deano944

Normally an echeque is issued if  >>>

1. You don't have a valid back up card linked to your paypal account OR that card has expired and needs updating.

2. If paypal identify any security issues.

3. If you have had a failed transfer from your bank account OR a negative balance at any time.

And yes of course they have the right, when you pay its never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account to pay them back again.

But they don't HAVE to credit the seller in advance for you, if they decide not to then its you that has to wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account = echeque.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

deano944
Contributor
Contributor

I have done lots of transaction befor and never had an echeques!

so why now and then to tell me it's for single transactions over £100...... when I clearly had had 2 for £100 £40..... that's a big fat hairy fib..... if they have a problem with me then they should let me know!

not just do a change without advising me...... or do you think that's ok?

Login to Me Too

deano944
Contributor
Contributor

And to top that they could not even call me back to explain what was going on!

thats just great service I suppose!

i expect a little curtesy and at least be told when things are changing...... or maybe they have the right to treat us with contempt?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deano944

Your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.