Change default payment

moonraytours
Contributor
Contributor
Wtf paypal its been a couple years since original post on this and only solution i see is removing the bank account. Not sure i even feel secure having to look solutions up on the web and having to enter my userid and password, how secure is that? Please add a tag to allow one to choose what default and not rely on the merchants to ask, i have that problem too where when making a payment it does not offer a "from payment" option just assumes my bank account. Thanks to that its alteady NSF me and now i cant even remove the bank account because it says "pending transactions" it's been over 3 weeks... So the 6-10 thing isn't even true. I called paypal and they couldn't do anything... Next step is to close my account!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal sets the defaults.

1. Funds in your paypal balance.

2. Bank Accounts.

3. Debit or credit cards.

BUT you can easily swap to a card during the payment process by clicking on "change" and selecting a card.

Paypal won't let you make it the default as they want to reduce the amount of direct chargebacks via cards i guess so they encourage you to use your bank account.

I always fund my paypal payments via a card so it has become automatic to do the "change" thing everytime.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.