Can't send money using Paypal Balance

kh3ldar
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm trying to send some money overseas but I'm unable to use my paypal balance for it. It automatically chooses my credit card and there is no option to use my paypal balance. However If i try to send money to someone from my country I can send it. Why can't I use my paypal balance to send money internationally?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you have funds in your paypal account balance then they have to be in the same currency as the person you are sending to accepts.

So if they accept another currency you either have to convert the currency in your paypal balance to theirs...fees apply... or let paypal use your card.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kh3ldar
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, thanks for your reply. I tried your solution however the problem still persists. My account is Turkish and the currency currently stored in my balance is EUR, the receiver is from Denmark , i tried sending the money as DKK but it still tries to send it from my credit card, doesn't use my balance.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi kh3ldar,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the issue.

There is one more thing you need to do before system will be able to send the money from the PayPal balance you hold the funds in – that balance needs to be set up as a primary one.

You can change your primary balance in the Currency Converter by simply selecting a balance and clicking on ‘Make it Primary’ learn more about our Currency Converter here: http://ow.ly/Q2h2X.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Nasir_Bahrudin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Anna!

So the only way is like you stated above? Sending and receiving funds has to be of the same currency? How do we know then if our recipient doesnt specify their currency? Is there a way to tell, or we have to ask them what currency their funds are in?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nasir_Bahrudin

Sending and receiving payments only needs to be in the recipients currency IF you are using funds already in your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.