Shipping through Paypal with Canada Post and purchasing extra insurance

wwnaturals
New Community Member

Hi! I sent an item to the US from Canada about 10 days ago, a large, boxed item. I was paid through Paypal, and then created a shipping label through it, as well. The purchaser wanted to insure the item, so it was purchased. The item arrived at it's destination, broken. One side of the box is destroyed, and both sides of the item are damaged.

Has anyone ever had to claim through Canada Post before, and have you been successful, or been given a hard time? I put in a claim online, they said it would take 3 months to resolve.

At any rate, having purchased the shipping through Paypal, does that help in any way, or is this strictly a Canada Post thing. Not sure what else I can do!

Thanks!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MrCharcoal
New Community Member

Good Luck.

CP to USPS?  First you will spend a week arguing with them over who has to put in the claim (Buyer or Seller). Then they will argue over who broke it (CP or USPS). Then they will argue over who has to pay (CP or USPS). Then after 6 months, you might get lucky. It's honestly better ( ie Not Cheaper) to use a singular company like FedEx when shipping "breakables".

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.