issue with paypal pro

countrymun
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We signed up to paypal pro over 2 years ago - mainly because we wanted to start accepting payments quickly and it was quick and easy. It also gave us the virtual terminal which we use regularly.

Since last week, we've had calls from customers to say they can't pay with a card - it is only offering paypal payments.

I rang to query and the guy I spoke to said although we had paypal pro it hadn't been integrated into our website so payments had been going through paypal express (and the option for card payment has been removed from paypal express)

He said it was no problem - I could insert a piece of code to solve the issue but when I rang today to get them to talk me through this, I was told I need to contact an external partner, Cardinal who would set up 3D secure.

We have been taking card payments for two years - we have not been asked to apply for any 3D secure approval until now - and I assume it isn't free 😞

The paypal website says you can "accept card payments within minutes" if you sign up for paypal business so I don't see how that is possible if they are now saying we need to apply for 3D secure.

Anyone else on pro having this issue?

TIA

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.