Where is the online application form for merchants?

kimsr
New Community Member

I want to apply to reduce my commission payment to Paypal but can't find the application form.  Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Kim

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Customer support should be able to help you out, you can contact them via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi kimsr,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

snowshoe is right that contacting us on our other social media channels would be a great help here.

You're eligible for our Merchant Rate if you've received at least £1,500 in payments into your PayPal account within the last calendar month.

If this is the case, you can also submit the application form on your end by following these steps:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk
  2. Click Fees near the bottom of the page.
  3. Scroll down to the 'Selling with PayPal' section, click Check it out.
  4. Click Merchant rates.
  5. Near the bottom of the page, click 'log in' to log in and complete the application.
  6. Click Submit

Hope that helps kimsr and best of luck with your application,

Conor

Login to Me Too

seanmcel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Conor

I really, really hope you can help me because I am at my wits end with Paypal. I have followed the steps you indicate below, both by not logging in first and then logging in. Both times, after I hit 'log in' after 'merchant rates', I am taken back to my Account Overview' page without a form in sight. Where is it?

I have contacted Paypal several times about this and your information is the first time I have seen Paypal attempt to tell anyone where the form actually is. Why is it so difficult to find?

Is there any chance you can provide a URL link? Because I am at the point of ditching Website Payments Pro and finding another provider over this. My site is now generating £8k a month sales and I am still on the 3.4 % rate.

Any help you can provide gratefully received.

Kind regards

Sean

Login to Me Too

RobinsonPoly
New Community Member

It seems PayPal has made the online application form impossible find! If anyone DOES know how to find it, I'd be really grateful for a reply.

Login to Me Too

perpetual121
New Community Member

Nope. That gets re-directed to the fees overview page. 

Paypal support is telling me that I can apply on the profile page but it seems the PM have removed the ability for some reason. 

Very frustrating and seems counter intuitive in supporting small business. 

Login to Me Too

seanmcel
Contributor
Contributor

After never getting a reply to queries, being ripped of on fees (paying 1% over their advertised rates for years) and shoddy customer service elsewhere (I received a reply yesterday to an enquiry over a month ago about why my November statement wasn't available for reconciliation), we have now gone with Stripe for card payments, which are the bulk of our website income. Better service, smoother all round and best of all, paying the advertised rate.

Come on Paypal, we've given you every opportunity to pick up your game but we've been ignored. So whilst I have to offer Paypal payments on my website for those customers that wish to pay using their Paypal accounts, my card payments are being processed where I get customer service. Talking to other online sellers, sentiment is very similar and many are doing the same.

Look after your customers before someone else does....

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Guys,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome to perpetual121 as a new member!

You are eligible for the Merchant Rate if you've received at least £1,500 in payments into your PayPal Account within the last calender month. Please find the steps below to apply for the Merchant Rate.

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk while logged out of your PayPal account.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Fees.
  3. Scroll down to the 'Selling with PayPal' section and click based on total sales volume.
  4. Scroll down and click log in to your PayPal account
  5. Log in to see the application form.

If you are approved for the new rate it will be applied to your account straight away, please be advised you must maintain a monthly payment volume of £1,500 to remain eligible for the Merchant Rate.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

starstream

none of these links work, no idea where this form is???? any ideas other than posting the same stuff about it being on fees page which it isn't

@PayPal_Siobhan2 wrote:

Hi Guys,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome to perpetual121 as a new member!

You are eligible for the Merchant Rate if you've received at least £1,500 in payments into your PayPal Account within the last calender month. Please find the steps below to apply for the Merchant Rate.

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk while logged out of your PayPal account.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Fees.
  3. Scroll down to the 'Selling with PayPal' section and click based on total sales volume.
  4. Scroll down and click log in to your PayPal account
  5. Log in to see the application form.

If you are approved for the new rate it will be applied to your account straight away, please be advised you must maintain a monthly payment volume of £1,500 to remain eligible for the Merchant Rate.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.