Using paypal on facebook

Badgirl66
New Community Member

Just started a facebook business page and wanted to use paypal so people to pay for what they wanted. Was told to copy and paste link, when I did it allowed everyone to open my paypal account. Deleted that. Tried another way to choose button but they wanted to know value of product. I have different products at different prices. Can you use paypal on facebook and if so how.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

PayPal_paula

Hi Badgirl66, 

If you are selling more than one item you will need to create a button that allows your customers to choose the different items. When you are creating your button you are given the option for different values and then the option for different items. 

To create your buttons please go to the merchant tab on your PayPal account. Once you have created your button you will then need to copy the code and add it to your facebook page. 

I hope this helps

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Favour
New Community Member

How do I paste a paypal button code into facebook please?

Login to Me Too

missooracle
New Community Member

i need to set a paypal on my facebook business page, however when i copy and [paste the button code, it literally just  pastes the whole code and doesnt create the shortcut. can anyone help, where does it need to be pasted (ive been pasting it in the description part of the item)

Login to Me Too

ErnieJ

Follow the new button instructions. When done, select the email option, not Website. Copy it. Paste into your stauts update. If an error comes up "error cookies not enabled Paypal", simply illuminate the X in upper right above error comment and x it out. Now publish and you have your link.

Login to Me Too

charleycav
Contributor
Contributor

Where is the status section on my Business page in FB, where I paste my PayPal button please?

Login to Me Too

krisstevebliss
New Community Member

Hi there.

Do you need to be a registered business on facebook to sell via PayPal/have button?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

rebtet210
New Community Member

Hi I am having a hard time of fixing this. I am supposed to create an ad on facebook for work and then I chose "Paypal" for the payment method and then when I logged in my account on paypal it says that "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience." This also happend yesterday. I would like to ask if there other way to fix this?

Login to Me Too

Sioban01
Contributor
Contributor

I have followed the instructions provided byt he payal community: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Tips-from-Moderators/How-to-add-a-PayPal-button-link-to-your-Fac...

But there is an error - it states  Error - Cookies are turned off - Paypal. I have gone to my settings on the computer and turned cookies on - it make no diffrernce. How do i get past this error?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Another option for Facebook is:

http://www.ecwid.com/

As far as you particular issue, have you tried deleting your web browser's cookies, temp files and history.  After that, close the browser, reopen it and retry.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.