Using Paypal as payment for 'Online Charity Auction'

Louise-Lester
New Community Member

Hi

I am thinking about setting up an 'Online Charity Auction' either on Facebook or on my website.

It would be to raise money for 'BHF- British Heart Foundation' as my dad needs a very expensive heart operation and more funding is needed.

I am wandering if i would be able to use 'Paypal' as the payment method, for the items in the auction.

Is this allowed? Would i be breaking any Paypal rules?

If you could give any help, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks, Louise

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_barry

Hey Louise, kudos for you for undertaking this.  As a regulated, on-line financial institution we are required to have correct documentation forwarded to us should you wish to receive charity payments (you will get these at a reduced rate). Review the information below, and best of luck to you and your Dad.

First, to begin accepting PayPal as a payment option on your website, register at https://www.paypal.com/signbiz for a PayPal Business account. When registering, create the account under the charity or organisation's name, and register a specific contact person for the account. The 'contact person' will manage the PayPal account and contact PayPal's customer support for assistance, if necessary.

When entering your business information, select the 'Subcategory' link and the 'Most-used Category' link for your organisation. If you already have a Business account, edit this information in your profile by clicking the 'Personal/Business Information' link.

Next, fax supporting documents to PayPal.

For a non-U.S. based organisation, provide:

• Evidence of tax-exempt status and/or registration with any applicable regulatory bodies governing your jurisdiction
• Link to confirm the organisation's registration status online (if applicable)
• A brief organisational summary or Mission Statement
• Subordination letter from the parent organisation (if applicable)

All documents should be faxed to 08707 303 194, ATTN: Compliance - Due Diligence.

We will review the documents and contact you if further information is needed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.