Postage Calculations based on weight???

Naturesessence
New Community Member

Would it be possible for Paypal to set up a postage by weight system??

Also, how do I set up postage for overseas buyers???

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_paula

Hi Naturesessence,

Apologies in advance for my long response.

You can use PayPal to calculate postage costs automatically on your website.

Here’s how to set up postage profile calculations:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.ukand log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'My selling preferences.'
  4. Click ‘Update' beside 'Postage calculations’.
  5. Complete the required information and click ‘Save’.

Note:

• Postage rates depend on order amount, order weight or item quantity. You can choose rates based on a fixed amount or a percentage.
  • You can use these postage calculations with PayPal Website Payments Standard.
  • If your postage methods require more customisation, you may want to integrate PayPal with a third-party application. Go to our Developer Network at www.x.com for information on integrating a third-party shopping cart or postage application.

I do hope this helps and please let me know how you get on.

Paula

Login to Me Too

tuf
New Community Member

it doesnt really show to set-up by weight though.

Login to Me Too

can any one tell if i can use paypal to calculate postage via weight im really stuck

Login to Me Too

Indulgenceco
Contributor
Contributor

Paula .... are you about or not moderating anymore.... I have spent two days looking around and around at what you are talking about and to be honest it isn't there!!!

Maybe you want to show us in a video or something and make us all happy.... what is the point of having a merchant business account if I can't take the money .

For goodness sake... this is 2012 there must be a way with your software to set the postal charges for weight...and set up international postage.

Why use another cart if paypal are still going to profit grrrr.... just very frustrated as wasted so much of my time on this already!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Indulgenceco, 

Apologies for my delayed response. Just seeing your post now. 

May I suggest that you take a look at our shipping calculator video to see if it helps at all. 

If you are cutomising your buttons this may help. I have also added a list of other HTML options. 

Please let me know how you get on.

Paula 

weight

Optional

Weight of items. If profile-based shipping rates are configured with a basis of weight, the sum of weight values is used to calculate the shipping charges for the payment.

Allowable values are decimals numbers, with 2 significant digits to the right of the decimal point.

weight_unit

Optional

The unit of measure if weight is specified.

Allowable values are:

• lbs

• kgs

The default is lbs.

Login to Me Too

mholzke
New Community Member

Same problem here a year on...

The screens shown in the video don't seem to exist anymore, i.e. I can add weight etc to my paypal button, but how do I get my paypal account setup to calculate postage from there???

Anyone having a link to the setup screen?

Login to Me Too

pontypriddweb
New Community Member

I am having the same problem, 

Designing a site for customer.

http://www.thewonderfulchocolatepizzacompany.co.uk/

postage is dependent on weight of products purchased , but i cant seem to find a solution using paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.