Item returned with out original packaging and tags

cinderellas
Contributor
Contributor

I have my own website and sell brand new high end prom and evening gowns. I offer a full returns policy as long as the items are returned in the original packaging where possible and with all tags attached. I have had a dress returned to me without the original packaging and without the tags so I am therefore unable to resell this item on.

I have tried to email the client twice and have had no response.

I am contemplting returning the dress as the returns policy has not been followed but need to know if payapl will side with the client if they dispute this transaction as she paid with paypal.

Any advice please.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi cinderellas,

Thanks for posting.

I recommend reading through our protection policies which you will find more on here https://www.paypal.com/gb/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security . The decision in this case depends on whether the buyer returned the item to you with a tracking number.

If they report to use that the item is not as described we would most likely as them to return it to you but they will need to be able to prove using tracked shipping that you have the item back. If they returned the item without this we would not be able to decide a case in their favour.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.