EmsEms
Contributor
Contributor
How do I re enable IPN messages? Cheers
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_paula

Hi EmsEMs,

Before activating Instant Payment Notification, please read the instructions to make sure you can support the notification and authentication system.

To activate Instant Payment Notification:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
3. Select ‘My selling preferences’.
4. Under ‘Getting paid and managing my risk’, in the ‘Instant payment notifications’ section, click 'Update'.
5. Check the checkbox and enter the URL to which you would like to receive HTML posts.
6. Click 'Save'.

When the notification is activated, PayPal sends payment notification posts with encrypted code to this URL for each payment you receive. When a customer makes a payment to you, PayPal posts a notification to your server at a URL you specify.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

EmsEms
Contributor
Contributor
Big help thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi EmsEms,

Glad I could help

Paula

Login to Me Too

bookbear
New Community Member

regarding the URL for the HTML response when a payment is recieved - where would i find that in VIRTUEMART and it appears that the card is NOT being processed anyway

How do i get PAYPAL integrated in to my cart, everything else is working but i am not getting any payment to release the goods - everything is PENDING in my cart and orders page inside virtuemart

suggestion greatfully recieved

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi bookbear,

It sounds like you may need assistance in integrating PayPal to your website. I would suggest that you go to our developers website as you will find a wealth of information in relation to carts and integration. To go to our developers website please click here

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

AfroGiant

Hi Paula

Im a bit stuck setting up my account with MyFlashStore.net

using these instructions - http://support.myflashstore.net/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/12/0/how-do-i-set-up-my-paypal...

but i don't have a website yet.

so i cant enter anything in the IPN section.

Thier support are saying that it doesn't matter that i can enter any URL 

wich is unhelpful advice

what can i enter?

im realy baffled as to how this service works

Login to Me Too

giorgiogu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I', trying to acivate the IPN but can't see the "Getting paid and managing my risk" section , so i can;t find the IPN section,

I have only a standard paypal account, do i need to upgrade it in order to be able to activate IPN?

Thanks

Giorgio

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi giorgiogu, 

I would advise that you upgrade your account to a business account and ensure that your account is verified. This should allow you activate your IPN. 

Thanks

Paula 

Login to Me Too

giorgiogu
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Paula,

Upgraded and working now 🙂

Thanks

Giorgio

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.