E-commerce with paypal

Marghe13

Hi, 

I am planning on launching a website with a friend to sell a few second hand / vintage items that we belong. Can I use paypal as payment method in my website ? 

Does this enable me to receive money without having necessarily having to register the business?

This is what was suggested to me: using paypal as payment method and not registering the company, since it will be something really small. They told me that if I use paypal to receive the money this will be similar to what happens in ebay and will not require registration.

Is this legal and possibile? 

Thanks in advance 

Margherita

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Marghe13,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

You can use PayPal as a payment method for your website without having a registered business. I recommend using a premier account but if you have a bank account in a business name you can also use business account and just mark yourself as an individual when signing up. You will find more information on our selling options here https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/merchant .

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

davecurl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All, 

Was there any up to date news on international and Europe postage availability for PayPal buttons, I saw it was first raised in 2011 on one of these forums, has anything been done yet from PayPal 6 years later? 

Thanks 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.