Business name of customer

appleton
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using a small number of Buy Now buttons on my website, and using IPN to gather the details of the customer and send a customized email to them when they complete a purchase.

The "Pay .... as a guest" section of the Paypal payment page has a form for the customer to type in their name and address and card details. However, I really need to know if they are a business, or buying for busines use - but there is no "Business name" field for them to fill in. The IPN information therefore always has the payer_business_name variable either empty or absent (actually I do occasionally get a payer_business_name value but I think this may be when the purchase is made by a business paypal account which has a business name recorded against it).

Is there some way to force a Business Name field to be added to the pay as a guest section of the payment form, which will encourage customers to type in their business name (and have this text passed to IPN as the payer_business_name) ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

appleton
Contributor
Contributor

I'm still struggling with this.

Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi appleton, 

May I direct you to our PayPal developer website for this one. If you are still unable to resolve it please contact our merchant technical support team for further assistance. 

Please let us know if you get this resolved as it may help other members. 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.