fake paypal email from nigeria

izzati

oh my God..

i have been cheated by some nigerian fake paypal owner.

I'm selling my watch in Ebay, then I received an email from somebody name jame smith. He said that he wanted to buy the watch for 200 pound, as need to be sent the item to nigeria, so assuming the 200 pound covered up the shipping cost.

He asked to request money to his email

then I received a paypal confirmation email, saying that I have to send the parcel tracking number to paypal customer service, so that, it would be verified and the money will be credited into my account.

suddenly, he said that, paypal had made a mistake by mistakenly transferred extra 200 pound to my account, (apparently I haven't receive any money from him at all!).

that paypal claimed that, the transaction of my 200pound will only be successfull if I refund his 200 pound to him, in advance.

Now I lost my watch, and I have sent my lovely watch which the shipping cost, cost me 56pound. do not get fooled by this people!

another thing that i just realise about this suspicious email is, that fake paypal email were not sent to my preferred email account. I put my other email addredd on ebay, to make people easy to contact me, now I realise how silly i was, apparently, those email from paypal, were sent to that mail, which is very2 wrong. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

oh dear, if you go to google and type in ebay nigeria scam you will see this is a common con. when paypal send you an email it is always addressed to your full name.  paypal never ask you to confirm an item is sent tracked. they advise an item is sent tracked to protect you but your conman just wanted to confirm you had sent the item before you found out the funds were fraudulent. i don't think that nigerian folks have paypal in their country, they never used to but I need to check up on that one. all i can say is sorry, but the con artists always target pricey items. if in doubt don't send and go to the ebay or paypal help boards before you send anything.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

http://search.reviews.ebay.co.uk/?satitle=Nigeria+Scam

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

baobei
Contributor
Contributor

We must be very careful about these emails. Here is another example of a fake email, which is probably from Russia:

http://www.seo-forum-seo-luntan.com/earn-money/scam-scamming-scammer-scammers/msg6745/#new

It's good to share all about these fake emails in our PayPal community!

Login to Me Too

jontdog
New Community Member

I'm having this same thing happening to me right now from this guy who wants me to ship him an item to Nigeria. Except this wasn't from ebay, he contacted me through a craigslist post. Same problem as you though, fake e-mail wanting the tracking number before I can get the money. Thanks you so much for posting this! I'm definitely not trusting him. I'm sorry about your watch though, but now you know!

Login to Me Too

martacecylia
Contributor
Contributor

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!! IT IS HAPPENING ALL THE TIME! HAPPENED TO ME NOW! AND PAYPAL DOES NOT DO ANYTHING! NOONE CATCH THEM! I LOST 30POUND BOOTS PLUS 94.60 ON PAOSTAGE AND WHAT? ALL GONE!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Never send an item unless the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal cannot do anything about the scams as they are NOT processed via paypal.

The emails you get are fake, that is why it is important to check the payment is clear in your paypal balance first.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.