ebay global shipping

its_me
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

i recently sold an item through ebays global shipping, i got paid via paypal and shipped the item out to the shipping centre in Derby i added the unique reference number to the package and off it went, the buyer in Italy sent me a message the very same day i had shipped it requesting expedited delivery i could not provide tracking number to buyer as ebay think it will cause confusion,i did explain this and wished them a merry xmas a few days later i received a message from paypal saying that there was a problem and the funds were being held, i checked the items tracking number and it had been successfully received at the shipping centre, according to ebay that is my part of the transaction completed so why are paypal still holding my money. I have since checked on my sold page and ebay have put up the global tracking number so i know that it has definitely been received at the shipping centre and then forwarded on. I am definitely opting out of the global shipping if this is how the transactions go 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

i checked the items tracking number and it had been successfully received at the shipping centre, according to ebay that is my part of the transaction completed so why are paypal still holding my money

To win a dispute for non receipt of item you normally have to prove DELIVERY of the item to the buyer with a tracking number.

However if the item is protected by ebay i am not sure if it is protected if a buyer files a paypal dispute OR a direct chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

its_me
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowlass

thanks for the response, i am pretty sure that under ebays global shipping programme it does state that once the item has reached the shipping centre my obligation has ended and i am not responsible for the item and as such no claim can be made against me so why should paypal hold my money, i have provided tracking information to paypal which shows that it has arrived at the shipping centre and ebay have also posted a global tracking number which shows that they have received it and now forwarded it on to buyer, think i am going to lose money here to be honest.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact customer services and tell them that and ask them to release the hold >>>

Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

its_me
Contributor
Contributor

I have just pulled this from Ebay's help pages. Am i reading this wrong or do you think my interpretation of it is correct somebody please help me.

If you don't use our postage labels using eBay and are using a tracked service, be sure to add a tracking number; otherwis, simply 'mark the item as dispatched' in My eBay to let your buyer know that the item is on the way. Once the item arrives at the UK Shipping Centre, we generate a global tracking number for you. This global tracking number appears in My eBay and on the Order details page and allows you to track the package until the time it reaches your buyer.

Note: When you upload the tracking information (or mark the item as dispatched), we notify the buyer by email that the item has been posted.

Important things to keep in mind:

• If you have your own system that sends tracking information to buyers, be sure to send only the global tracking number to avoid confusing buyers.

• If you create your own postage labels, include the unique identifier. You can find the code on the Order details page along with the buyer's name and the address of the UK Shipping Centre.

• If you opt for signed delivery when you post your item, you'll receive confirmation of signature once the item has been received by the UK Shipping Centre, not when it's received by the buyer.

• Although you're responsible for ensuring the package arrives safely at the UK Shipping Centre, in general, you won't be responsible if the item is damaged or lost after the item has reached the centre

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No i agree with you, contact them as per above.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.