eBay

will06
New Community Member

I am very new to selling things on eBay so most of this is my fault but i'm still very confused. I sold items on eBay and made around £300 from it and i didn't relise that paypal had to keep my money until i had feedback or after 21 days. So for one of my items i printed a postage label that cost me £10 but after i had done this paypal stated it hadn't used my pending money from paypal.

I was then expecting it to state i had insufficient funds and couldn't print the postage label but instead it states the payment to eBay went through and it transferred money from my bank account to eBay. The problem here is i have £2 in my (debit card) account so how could it possibley have transferred money?

Then i thought nothing of it and that it would take money from the pending payments after i had feedback. I then bought an item from ebay which is something i have done many times before this item cost £90. I payed immediately and it stated that my payment was pending. I was confused by this and looked on paypal and it stated it had taken another £90 from my bank account and sent it to the seller (how has it done this?) it also stated the money i sent to the seller was 'unclaimed' i don't know if this is to do with my account but please help to explain this to me.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there Will06,

Welcome to the Community!

If you sell items and the money is being held for up to 21 days, the funds that are on hold can't be used to purchase postage through your account.

If you have made a payment to a seller and the funds are showing as Unclaimed, it would mean that the funds are trying to be sent to an email address that isn't registered on your sellers PayPal account. You should try contacting your seller in order to tell them what email address the payment is being sent to.

If they no longer have access to the email address, you will need to cancel the payment and then resend the payment to their correct email address using the Send Money tab from your PayPal account.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

David

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.