Why is this service so appalling ?

Riwano95
New Community Member

I have recently made a sale on Ebay worth £170, the money has of course been placed on hold as per usual, but somehow Paypal was able to deduct around £5 from the total amount. I am now wondering how long do I have to wait for this money to become available. In my previous experience I had to call the costumer service which took a while since the automatic operator is clearly programmed to guide all the costumers back to "main menu" or to "hang up" even with the code provided by the website, so I really don't understand the point of the code being there in the first place , but aside from all the ramble I just wanted to confirm that the buyer is actually legitimate and that I won't end up being scammed like I have in the past and Paypal was not able to do anything about it and £300 went and flew off. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Riwano95

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for new sellers.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.

Normally for the Ebay hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days if you use Ebay / paypal postage.

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.