Sent to a different address to that of PayPal confirmation screen.

kratka
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm a relatively new seller and one of my buyers has stated that he has not received the item I posted which was 2nd Class Royal Mail, it has gone past the 2-3 days estimated. I will wait the 10 days that Royal Mail has said before filing a claim for 'lost' item. 

The only issue I have is the address I should have sent to (the one on the PayPal confirmation) was different to the one the buyer asked me to send to in a PM.  Being inexperienced I didn't realise this would cause an issue. However, the item I sent was not sent via a tracked method, just standard Royal Mail 2nd Class.

I am wondering if there is any way to claim back the cost of the item (£3.25) and then refund the buyer through PayPal or would I need to contact Royal Mail and sort it through their claims?

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kratka

Sorry but why would paypal pay you for an item that you sold that was lost in the mail?

You need to refund your buyer BUT its unlikely the mail system will reimburse you much, you may get 6 stamps !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.