Scammed on Ebay Negative Balance and Credit Card linked

Hsani19
Contributor
Contributor
I am a seller on eBay, very new. I was selling a really expensive product and a person bought it. No repsonse on ebay. 3 days later I get an email saying that the buyer didn’t authorize the purchase. My credit card is linked to it and I’m scared that PP will take money out of my card. I am in negative balance and i really dont want to pay cause its not my fault. i dont have a shipping label so the buyer really won and I’m just scared. Any idea what to do. And oh yeah the balance is more than -1k. Any ideas on what to do?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hsani19

Paypal can't dip into your bank account or card without your consent BUT if you buy something they will 'add' the debt to that purchase.

If you don't pay then they 'sell' the debt to a debt collection agency to recover from your home or place of work.

If you met ALL the requirements of seller protection then you would be compensated for an unauthorised transaction so go read up on it and see if you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hsani19
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for responding, I heard that the Debt collector thing is a scam and do not do it. What's the thing with that? Also I don't think I have met all the requirements of Seller Protection.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hsani19

Paypal sell off unpaid debts to a debt collection agency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.