Problem accepting Business Debit Cards

clarkee1066
Contributor
Contributor

A customer of ours couldn't pay us on PayPal using her Business Debit Card (VISA). She was local so I popped over to help. She had typed all her details correctly, but PayPal said the card details could not be verified. We double-checked and triple-checked the card details were typed correctly. She has lots of money in her business account.

She used her personal card (VISA debit issued by the same bank) and it worked fine.

How should we advise our customers that want to pay with a business debit card? Should they be able to use one? PayPal asks them for their firstname and lastname, but not company name. What should they enter from their card if it is marked with  :

Mr A N Other

XYZ Company Limited

Should they enter their firstname as "A" in this example ?

thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey there,

A PayPal user can only add a card to their account under their name registered to PayPal. So if she doesn’t have a business account and was adding her business card it could have failed verification on the system.

If the customer was making a onetime payment without opening a PayPal account then they should be able to enter the business name in the name field.

Login to Me Too

clarkee1066
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Yes, she was making a one-time payment without using or creating an account.

There are two name fields (firstname and lastname) on your payment form. Which one should be used for a business name for a business card? Should the other field be left blank?

We just need to find out what advice we should give our users so that they are most likely to be able to pay us successfully.

thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.