Payment sent to wrong email address

MPilkington1988
New Community Member

Hi,

I recently sold an item and the buyer paid through paypal.  When I emailed them my email address it was to be paid to, I accidentally used a different email account from my phone.  The payment was then sent to this address.  I have spoken to PayPal themselves and they have added that email address to my PayPal account and advised to wait 2 hours for it to show on my balance.  This was approx 4 hours ago and I still dont have the money.

Does anyone have any advice?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Paelavong003
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi,

I know how this is important for you. To make sure you will receive the payment. Kindly check your email and see if the email address is already added and confirmed.

If not then make sure you do this. That is all there is to it really. In case the payment didn't show it's quite possible that the sender = buyer already have cancelled the payment because probably they were initially notified that the payment was being sent to a non-existent PayPal.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Paelavong
Login to Me Too

MPilkington1988
New Community Member

I must apologise.  I didnt read the initial email properly and it turns out was a scam.  This has since been reported to PayPal and they will be investigating the issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.