Payment not received - wrong email address

cnf1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I sold an item on ebay today and got a  payment notice but when I clicked on the link to Paypal it says "We are not able to find this transaction ID. Can you please check and try again later." I then realised I had changed my Paypal email when I changed to a business account, but not changed it on ebay. The ebay address is a googlemail account originally registered with Paypal but when I tried to  add it back to Paypal it wouldn't let me, although it did let me add it as a gmail  address. I thought once I confirmed the gmail account I'd see the payment transaction,  as  googlemail/gmail are synonymous, but that has not happened.  How do I get the payment? Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cnf1

If it was an incorrect email address then it would show as unclaimed with a cancel option on the buyers side.

They may have cancelled it?

You need to check with them whether they have done so OR if it is showing as unclaimed withOUT a cancel option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cnf1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response. I've been in touch with the buyer, and It would appear that it might not be anything to do with the wrong email. It's not showing up in his paypal account at all. He  paid by card and thinks it may have bypassed paypal and gone directly into my bank account but it hasn't shown up. I got the payment notice so something has happened- but where is the money? He is going to contact his bank but do you have any more suggestions? I recently upgraded to a business account if that is relevant at all.

Thanks,

Moira  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cnf1

If he used Ebay checkout and his paypal account then it would go to your paypal account.

If you have upgraded to a business account and added the 'direct' credit card option then do you have a paypal card reader to process that payment.

Did you have the 'direct' card option on your list of checkout options for the buyer?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cnf1
Contributor
Contributor

I've checked my ebay listing and next to the card icons it says "processed by Paypal", so that surely does mean all card payments go through Paypal,  which is what I originally thought.  You can see the link  here, just in case I'm missing something! So why isn't it showing up in his -  or my - paypal account? I'm thinking the best thing to do at this point is for him to cancel the payment and, as he is luckily collecting in person, pay by cash. But it would be good to know for the next time I sell something.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello cnf1,

Welcome to the PayPal community.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.