Payment cancelled the day after the buyer received the item

HannahB1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I sold a Samsung Galaxy 8 on ebay for $450.00 on 9/08/2017. I shipped the item after PayPal gave me the go-ahead, and I just received confirmation on 9/18/2017 that the buyer received the item (there was a delay with Hurricane Irma). Now, on 9/19/2017, the day AFTER USPS Confirmed that the buyer received the item, I received notice from Paypal that the funds were returned to the buyers account after being unclaimed for 30 days!!! I only sold the item 11 days ago and the buyer received the item yesterday. What can I do to get my payment??? I logged into my paypal account DAILY to try to move the money, but the buyer had not received the item yet. HELP!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HannahB1

If it was unclaimed then it would not show in your paypal balance so were the funds in your balance or not?

If they were not then it sounds as if you had the wrong email address on your auction and has nothing to do with when the buyer received their item.

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HannahB1
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, the payment was showing in my Pay pal account in Pending Status until it was cancelled today. I verified my email with EBay and Paypal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HannahB1

That sounds very strange because funds IN your balance under pending just clear automatically.

I think your best bet is to phone customer services to ask them and if you can post back here and update us.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.