Is there anything I can do to complain against a ruled dispute?

DevaVictrix
New Community Member

I feel I've been swindled and ebay have ruled against me. Is there anything I can do to complain and continue a dispute?

I sold a 100% working graphics cards from my computer. I sold to UK only and stated I won't accept returns. The card sells for about £50 and the buyer paid £80.

After the item was delivered the buyer said it hadn't been delivered. I proved it was delivered. 

Close to two weeks later the buyer then said it was broken... fans don't spin. Fans on this card (and most other graphics cards) only spin when needed.

So the buyer then said 'the screen is all pixeled' and that the card is broken.

In the same message the buyer then admitted that he already owns this model of graphics card and that the one he bought from me (delivered to London) has since been sent to eastern europe. 

In responce to the dispute I said I was not willing to sell to outside the UK because of the risk of damage during transit. I also said I cannot be held liable for a package I have not assembled myself. I have no idea of the quality of packaging when it was sent from London to Bulgaria.

Ebay then ruled against me and the item has been sent back to me. I now have to give a refund, pay for postage from Bulgaria (three times internal UK postage) and I also got a small VAT bill for something related to the refund? (I really don't understand how you get a VAT bill after giving a refund!).

Foolishly I didnt write down the serial number but the card I sent was dusty inside and the card I received back is immacualtely clean. Maybe its the same card, maybe not. If it is the same card some extensive cleaning has gone on under the shroud/case. I will test the card later today. I expect it to be a broken card. Maybe broken in transit to London, maybe broken on its way to Bulgaria, or maybe it isn't my old graphics card. 

I'm annoyed because of the £68ish (after fees) I got for the card  I now have to pay refund £78, £35 postage and £5 VAT. I'm £50 out of pocket and probably have something that is fit for the bin. And I can't leave bad feedback!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

As the case was worked through ebay I recommend reaching out to them directly or checking online if there is an ebay forum where you can ask your question.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.