ITEM SENT - PAYMENT CANCELLED - TOO LATE TO OPEN CASE - HOW DO I GET MY MONEY?

liamw1988
New Community Member

I have 16 items which have been sold on ebay.

Ebay advised me that payments were made but were pending with paypal and that everything was fine.

Waited a while and contacted paypal.

They advised that the accounts werent linked correctly and all payments returned to sender.

Have been advised its too late to open a case to resolve and i can only request payments from the buyers. 

Most arent replying after almost a week.

How do i get my money back????

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You need to invoice your buyers and ask them to re-pay, most buyers if you explain what has happened will pay again.

Also to help you sort things with your buyers you can pull their contact info if its an ebay transaction. Go to advanced search top of ebay pages > contact member left column > fill in the details and ebay will send you an email with their telephone number.

NEVER send anything unless the funds are showing in your paypal account BALANCE.

To see what was wrong on your auctions go and do this >>>

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions. So it would have shown unclaimed on the buyers end so they then had the option to cancel the payment.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.