I've been waiting more than 21 days for my balance to stop "pending"...

MoultrieC1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am new to selling items on eBay, and I recently sold my first item - a varsity jacket. The item was sold on the 29th of April. I am aware that PayPal operate a 21 day period where they hold the money before it is payed into my bank account - However, it is now the 21st of May and my PayPal balance still stands as "pending". This is outside the 21 day period.

The situation is becoming ever the more frustrating as I require the money.

When will the problem be resolved?

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

laurigc90
New Community Member

Hi, i have the same issue; i have to payment #pending for more than 1 month. Both are for services that were already finish. When i will be able to take the money?

Thanks for your help,

Laura

Login to Me Too

nathandavieshpl
New Community Member
This is wrong, im new to pay pal, but have used it for old company I worked for Now im trying to sell items to make money and with this payment holding is a nightmare I habe Large item need posting at customer expences and I can't get there money, I dont Have that amount spare to use and I have promised items will be with them in 4 days not next month
Login to Me Too

leeleetwinkel
New Community Member

I have been waiting way too long for my payment I have received good feed back, item dispatched and all good but paypal have had my balance pending for over to weeks, I am not new to ebay and have been selling for a little while I don't know what's going on

Login to Me Too

Gabowen
New Community Member
My brother sent me Some money from America to my U.K. PayPal as we have done at least 6 times before. Except this time I haven't received the money. He sent the first payment on November 23rd 2016 fund went out of his account but not to my account. It just keeps saying the payment is pending while we review it... second payment was sent on 14th December. Again same message. This is just a huge pain as my money is lost and only PayPal knows how to get it back. I've tried ringing to be put on hold forever!! Emailing you just get an auto response. I need help!!
Login to Me Too

IveForgotten
Contributor
Contributor

Just contact the financial ombudsman service in the UK

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Paypal have been warned over doing this many times.

Paypal are a payment processer, they are not allowed to without payment under any reason. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.