Customs Charges

ulianka_dmytriv
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I sold an item to Nigeria ans shipped it but its already second week and the buyer is assuring me that I will receive all th money when I will pay for the customs charges.

Also, I still receive some emails in response from pay pal but these email doesnt seem like original.

How can I knwo that i will receive the money or its just fake buyer ?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ulianka_dmytriv

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

They also try and scam you again if they have got you to send the item by paying a customs fee by western union or moneygram telling you your funds won't be released until you do. SELLERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A BUYERS CUSTOMS CHARGES.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ulianka_dmytriv
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Okay, thank you so much because the buyer is stil assuring me that i have to pay for customs charges and them my account will be paid with all of his transactions and yes, I still receive the emails from pay pal and as you are saying they seems fake.

Login to Me Too

ulianka_dmytriv
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

As I alredy shipped the item and I know it was a mistake but anyway

Is there some way to get a money fron the buyer ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ulianka_dmytriv

So sorry but no, no part of the transaction would have taken part on paypals site so there is nothing anyone working for paypal can do for you.

Just do a google search for nigeria / paypal and you will see this scam has been going around for about 15 years or so.

You 'could' try contacting Nigeria Post, some have had success and had their item returned.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.