Confirmed addresses.

TSPM
Contributor
Contributor
I recently sold a low value item on ebay. When I got the paypal email confirm I had recieved the funds I noticed the address. It was merely a house number, a town, county and post code. I.e no street included. Initially I just contacted the buyer to confirm their address. They contacted back by sending a direct email to the request with their full address that included a street. For clarity this is an ebay member with zero feedback. The more I sell on ebay the more I am experiencing quirks in addresses. Infact I've had 3 in the last few days and to be honest I am expecting to be scammed on these items. But the issue here is that the email says that the address is paypal 'confirmed' how can an address with no street be confirmed? The email says to deliver to this address but there is no street.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Normally a postcode will identify a street.

Is it the ebay or paypal address that was wrong?? As a seller you need to go by the paypal registered address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TSPM
Contributor
Contributor
Both eBay and PayPal have the same address. I find it worrying that PayPal will confirm an address in this fashion. Surely it creates uncertainty and gives buyers an escape clause in scamming sellers. On a separate issue I seem to be getting a fair few buyers who have 'forgotten' to include their house number in their address details. It's time wasting for me trying to get their details. And I'm convinced it's another scam method. Of course they all have zero feedback.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.