Buying postal with paypal- what labels?

luckylorraine
New Community Member

Just started using the postage option on paypal to save queue at PO.  Bought labels - 4 to a sheet but because only 1 label is process at a time the other 3 labels on the sheet are useless (2 are useless if I turn the sheet of labels around the second time). On top of this I have a proof of postage sheet full A4 size- is this necessary?? If I was bringing my parcels to the post office buy the postage there I would have 10 address on the two sides of the 'Certificate of posting' postcard supplied by Royal Mail.  All that is required is a date stamp and initial from  the Post Office staff member. I had 50/60 individual certificates of post that I printed off with the postage on Monday and when I handed them to the Post Office person they were less than impressed which I wasn't surprised.  Is there a quicker more efficient way of buying the postage using paypal/ebay/Royal Mail?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_lucy

Hey there luckylorraine,

This is the only way to do you postage through PayPal.

I have taken your feedback on this though and passed it on. Its great to get this feedback as its something that can be reviewed and hopefully can be made more user friendly.

Login to Me Too

Zarkoff
New Community Member

2 years later and STILL not working, so in the end I came up with my own workaround as you have three basic methods of online postage and every one is flawed in one way or another.

1) ebay postage - no certificates of postage and the label prints half a sheet on A4 - fail

2) Royal mail online postage - allows you to select labels on 4 per sheet but you have type address manually - fail

3) paypal postage - good....BUT.... you cannot select a label position on a 4 per sheet label

What I do is :

Firstly I created myself a "template" in (e.g) powerpoint (landscape A4, with two lines showing where the labels are).

Then when I go to print my paypal postage and it shows the label on screen, I maximise the window, then I right click on the label to rotate it so it's nice and big on my screen and the right way up.

Next I ALT-SHFT-PRT SCREEN (you may have to turn off the accessability hot keys first).

Then I go into a program like paint or irfanview and PASTE into that. In this program I select the area of JUST the label and COPY, pasting it into my template at the position of my choosing (adjusting size as appropriate). Once I have the labels positioned where I want,, I PRINT. It sounds longwinded and a pain, because it is, but once you get used to it (you can do it quite quickly), it beats waiting for Ebay, Paypal or Royal Mail or actually do something CONSTRUCTIVE and fix this SIMPLE thing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.